rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anthony Bourdain in Colombia

Anthony Bourdain in Colombia

Quote: (05-06-2013 03:38 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Quote: (05-06-2013 12:10 AM)xolisi Wrote:  

No Reservations was the only food show I ever got in to. I'll have to check out Parts Unknown! He always shows interesting perspectives on countries

I think the key is that though Bourdain is a chef, it isn't really a food show per se. It's travel/culture, and naturally food is part of what makes a culture what it is. He mixes in some history of whatever city he's visiting to round it off. I also watch "Bizarre Foods" with Andrew Zimmern (also a chef), even though I wouldn't fuck with tarantula on-a-stick and some of the other shit he puts in his mouth. However, there are some things I would eat, and I'm always looking for info on locations to potentially visit.

I recently watched an episode of Bizzare Foods in SF where there are a group of anarchist/hippy/hipster types who dumpster dive for thrown out food and then make that food and feed it for free to the homeless.

Well what I thought was very interesting is that Andrew Zimmerman said that he spent a year of his life as a homeless drug addict on the streets of NYC. I thought that shit was crazy random and I never would have guessed, but I got to give guy props for not only admitting that and owning it, but also for rising up and getting to where he is now in life.

Messages In This Thread