rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Homemade pizza/Supermarket pizza

Homemade pizza/Supermarket pizza

Quote: (05-06-2013 12:25 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-06-2013 10:28 AM)cardguy Wrote:  

This tomato sauce recipe has gotten alot of hype on the internet. And it couldn't be any simpler...

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2010/01/t...nd-onions/

My next plan is to make this - and just add some italian seasoning, salt and pepper. In future when I make it - I may see if some sugar is useful as well.

My requirements are different to most. Since I am lazy and am looking for something simple. Also - I am happy with the supermarket plain bases you can buy. Waitrose - here in the UK - stock some nice ones which are specially imported from restaurants in Naples. To me - I am happy using them as opposed to making up fresh ones myself. Also - Sainsburys stock plain bases. Which whilst less fancy - are still okay for my requirements.

It is not perfect - but then again I don't have a pizza oven. I am just looking for something which is much better than the ready made pizzas I usually heat up from supermarkets. I will save the special pizzas for when I visit my favourite pizza restaurants.

That's a tomato sauce for pasta. It's a very classic pasta sauce typical of northern italian cooking, and it is delicious.

I'm tellin ya, for pizza, try taking really good quality canned tomatoes; they don't have to be san marzano, give em a rinse under water, drain them well, and puree them with a blender or better yet, a food mill. Add a little salt. It's the only pizza sauce you'll need. If you want to add herbs, add fresh. A classically made pizza marinara is tomato sauce, fresh oregano, sliced garlic, and olive oil. No cheese. It's pretty great.

Do you heat up this sauce in a pan or just apply it straight to the pizza?

Messages In This Thread