rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Alternatives to Whey Protein Powder

Alternatives to Whey Protein Powder

Quote: (05-05-2013 09:12 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

Quote: (05-05-2013 07:00 PM)AlphaEnchantment Wrote:  

Quote: (05-05-2013 12:25 PM)AlbertoDelMuerto Wrote:  

Quote: (05-04-2013 08:45 AM)Surreyman Wrote:  

Quote: (05-02-2013 08:42 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

try eating 500 grams of protein in chicken breasts sometime, honestly.

Why would you eat 500g of protein?

500g is insane!

500g is insane but Jay Cutler eats 500g of protein a day but I doubt anyone on here is even close to him

Cutler eats in excess of 500grams, you can quote musclemag or whatever but those are the same mags saying he's using creatine and protein powder to reach that side instead of gear, slin, hgh, igf etc. I've got female physique competitor friends eating 300 grams of protein and they don't weigh more than 130 pounds, not year round but they cycle macros as the goals vary...

For the numerous asking, I've stated many times already that I've been a high level athlete all my life and now just a gym rat albeit a serious one but training with guys who are in line to get pro cards and some who have them already. I know what it takes to get your body to an elite level...500 for the guy who wants to weigh 160 pounds with abs is overkill, but it's not for the guy whose goal is way higher than that. A properly functioning kidney has no issues with that much protein and protein is what it takes to grow lean tissue...even with 500 grams of protein my total caloric intake is between 3k -3500 depending on whether it's training day or not. I dexascan monthly to test bf and do bloods every 3 months so i'd know if that amount of protein was detrimental to my results or harmful to or unusable by my body. Most of you don't test your bodies to the degree I check in with mine, most of you aren't as well versed in what it takes to reach a high level of performance, be it in sport, or aesthetically as it is in bb'ing...it's an extreme lifestyle so please don't come in with broscience and say thats too much or why do you need it if you haven't lived it and come at it from a place of experience... I don't recommend this amount for everybody there are many factors that comes into play before coming up with the macros that work for your system, this is the one that is getting me max growth right now which is the goal, those macros will change as I get into prep and out of offseason mode and I might at points take in half that amount but at the moment for the current blast its 500 grams protein.

Im quoting Jay Cutler Directly. @2:00 he says he eats 500g protein 1000g carbs and 50-75g fats a day and he currently weights 300lbs

How do you know if the amount of protein your taking is in excess and unusable to your body?

If Jay Cutler the top man in bodybuilding takes in 500g of protein I doubt you would need that amount of protein unless you were some kind of monster and weighed over 300lbs. Im sure 500g isnt doing you any harm but you could probably get the same results on less.

Messages In This Thread