rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Necktie 101

Necktie 101

It's all relative depending on the event and what you are going for. Is this with a suit or just a casual Friday shirt, tie and slacks day? I prefer a wider width tie for professional events. Skinny ties just scream too hipster for work to me. Some people have all sorts of rules about matching the collar spread to your face shape, etc., but in the end, it is what looks good on you.

I rock the business casual shirt, tie and slacks for work every day and the suit just for the courtroom. I really like mixing patterns, e.g. doing a check/gingham shirt with a diagonal check tie. I like checked shirts for that old time, country look. This requires having somewhat of an eye for patterns and design so be careful. For example, don't sport a paisley tie with a plaid shirt.

If you are unsure, do the old trick and take a female or two with you when you go tie shopping. They will find what looks best on you.

Even though I hate rules, there is one good one - no matching solid color tie on solid color shirt. That damn I want to be in the Mafia trend was fucking retarded when it was popular and is just awful now.

Messages In This Thread