rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Photography Game

Photography Game

Quote: (04-30-2013 02:49 AM)gandt Wrote:  

BoneDaddy,

I recently bought this camera that came with the original lense but i also bought a huge lense to go with it too.

[Image: camera-front-angled.jpg]

I want to start using it and obviously I want to shoot girls with it.

Can you help me out with a couple questions?

1) Is this a good enough camera to shoot semi-professionally with?

2) Do you have any tips on how I can set up a home studio in a small apartment? Is it worth it? Or should I just shoot outdoors?

3) Any tips on building a profile on model mayhem?

Thanks!! Summer is coming so this is a perfect time to ramp up!

To your questions:

1. The Rebel T3 is an Ok camera, but here is a pro tip. Head over to the Buy/Sell forum at http://www.fredmiranda.com or visit http://www.keh.com and pick up a gently used Canon 5D in good condition for between $500 and $700. This is not the Canon 5D Mk II or the new Canon 5D Mk III, this is the origninal 5D. This is a for-real bad ass nearly pro-level camera. A Canon Rebel is a toy in comparison. Get a 135 MM F/2.0 L lens or maybe an 85MM F1.4 (Non-L) lens, and you will be golden. The 5D is legendary for its image quality and is dirt cheap these days because it is two generations behind current technology. But for shooting glamour/fashion, it still rocks.

2. Depending on your location and climate, I would begin with outdoor shoots. Shooting indoors and setting up a studio involves a whole additional realm of studio lighting, backdrops, etc. To shoot outdoors, you could begin with the camera from #1 above and add a collapsible reflector and you're good to go. Get good with that, then maybe move on to an on-camera speedlight, then studio lighting gear.

3. Regarding a Model Mayhem profile, they do require that you submit at least three photos which must be mod approved, but unless they have tightened up their standards, most anything gets approved. If you proceed as outlined above and find a pretty girl to point your camera at, you shouldn't have any trouble getting your MM profile approved. Having said that, I've never booked a single shoot from MM, but have booked many from CraigsList.

All the best and good luck with your photography.

Bone

Messages In This Thread