rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been?

Quote: (04-28-2013 12:25 AM)ao85 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-27-2013 06:39 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I understand what you're saying. I say, "Welcome to Latin America." Most people who travel to Latin America are well aware of these things. You think Mexico, Venezuela, Central America, or Brazil are any better? I met a handful of gringos who lived in Medellin for 2, 3, or 4 years plus. I know of one that posts here. I got you though. Of course Medellin is corrupt. I'm just saying, it's probably a much better place to live than africa or india. And definitely that types of shit happens all over the place, not just Medellin. Hell, I'd live in Medellin before most places in the US any day.

From a getting laid and dirtiness perspective, yes, better then India. From a safety perspective, India is better - as long as you're not a white woman traveling alone, but I doubt such white woman would be safe in Medellin either if the above descriptions are true. There's crime in India but it's nothing compared to the violence that I saw in Tijuana, which is safer then Medellin.

But really, if you stick to the safe places at night, how dangerous is Medellin? Why would you even go to a dangerous neighborhood at night unless you were looking for trouble? I've traveled to many "dangerous" places. I lived in Brazil for 6 months, I saw nothing
"dangerous" other than places that looked like they were dangerous at night, but obviously I stayed away from those places. I'd only see them passing by in cabs and the like. Hell, I even went into a favela and didn't run into any danger. Almost none of my Brazilian friends have ever been robbed. I was robbed in Medellin, but for $20 and a wallet. besides that one time, I've been in worse situations in the states. If you go to Centro Medellin at night, you're asking for trouble. Just be smart.

Messages In This Thread