rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Owning a Zebra

Owning a Zebra

Quote: (04-25-2013 10:39 AM)POHammer Wrote:  

I found an opportunity to buy an old zebra for a low price and I've convinced my cousin to buy it and keep it on his ranch.
How much land does it require (small pasture is enough?)

Can I ride it? My guess is no...
Still looks badass, and when it gets too old its edible just like horse. It was gonna get slaughtered anyways, now it will get a few extra years.

Yeah, you're not gonna be riding it. Zebra's are irascible creatures, which is why they were never domesticated like horses and asses were.

Here's something:

"Unlike cattle, which often stay in their assigned range even if the fence is breached, zebras are always looking for a way out. An 8-foot fence is an absolute requirement, and you have to inspect it regularly. (Other animals, like feral pigs and deer, can sometimes break through your fence and free the zebras.)

Zebras are in the same family as horses, and you can feed them the same types of food. If your grass is plentiful and in good condition, you can just let them graze. If your lawn isn't up to snuff, supplement their diet with hay, alfalfa, and carrots."

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...ingle.html

Messages In This Thread