rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Dogs for Game

Best Dogs for Game

I would never have one of those little yappy things... I volunteer at my local shelter those dogs are the domain of the elderly and chicks, never see a straight male take one home unless its for his kids or his wife lead that charge...sure you might get the odd girl that says cute dog but most likely they'll want to introduce you to their gay bff. There are few little dogs that don't scream effeminate it's like driving a miata. Now I'm not one to recommend getting a dog primarily on how it makes you look but if you're an active guy, a gym rat, a guy who likes to head out why would you want a dog that doesn't fit your lifestyle. Most little dogs don't.

I've got 2, I've got a house and a yard so plenty of room but I will put any dog on the planet up against my Saint Bernard for gaming purposes. I can't take her out to pee without it turning into a half hour+ cause people come running over to her. I have people stopping their cars to get out and take pics of her, girls roll around on the ground with her, she's like a giant toy that everybody wants to play with. I had no idea of this going in, she kind of fell into my lap but she gets me numbers/dates with no effort it's sick. Plus she's a badass dog, she's a little slower moving than my other but she tries to keep up, never stops trying. Downside dumb as a rock, been with 3 trainers, still hasn't mastered all her basics, and sheds like crazy. Other is a rottweiler...ultimate dog, perfect blend of intelligence, strength, affection, loyalty...you need to be a strong owner, I spent a couple grand training her, and took her everywhere with me to make sure she was socialized. She molds to my energy level, when i'm chill she's content to lie around, when its time to hike or run she's by my side, she'll catch frisbees, balls, she swims...never have needed a leash for her, she keeps her eyes on me 24/7 picks up new commands within days. Doberman was brought up, they're great dogs too, very much like a skinny rotti, in my experience they're a little more aloof and standoffish. Every rotti I've ever owned and worked with have been people pleasers, they're just dying to lean up against you and want to be touching you. Dobes were more like a cat in that sometimes they'd be into other times they were content to be on their own so depends on your preference.

Shibas are cute, not great dogs. Totally devoid of affection, not friendly with other dogs, just solitary animals and they like it that way, horrible for gaming purposes but just horrible if you like people to come around and you want to be at the dog park.

Whippets are girl repellents, nobody likes a shaky nervous twitchy dog, makes you seem like you'd be the same way.

Boxers, I like boxers but they're pretty high energy and dont stop moving. My cousin has one, that thing just runs up and down the stairs in and out of rooms constantly, thatd drive me nuts and rip up a floor pretty good.

My recommendations for the look you're trying to go for:

Goldens are always safe, everybody loves a golden, they're friendly, smart enough, not loud, and they'll do okay in apt if you exercise them. They make you look good as well, safe and steady.

Brittany Spaniel - if you can give it plenty of exercise, cause it'll reek havoc if you slack on that. If you don't it's smart and super chill, one of the best temperaments you'll find on a dog anywhere, always happy. Is not an issue with women. It says you've studied dogs and aren't just another guy who picks up the popular breed, they're not easy to find so it instantly makes ya look like you got some taste.

Old English Sheepdog - if you can handle the hair, it'd be a beast in terms of shedding but awesome dogs otherwise but the hair is a major deterrent. You can always keep it neatly trimmed.

Bernese Mountain Dog - total attention getter, expensive so you look like a young professional. Not the most active or playful dog but they do have a good time at the dog park. My rotti and St play with a group of Berners everyday and have a blast so its in them they're just naturally chill so you gotta coax them a little bit. Totally friendly and great with everybody. Despite the hair not that bad to groom at all. On the bigger side but with them being lazy an apartment wouldn't be the worst as long as they got some room.

Messages In This Thread