rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Latin America Sourcing Expat Talent

Latin America Sourcing Expat Talent

YMG, while in Colombia I met a bunch of US raised Colombian Americans who were living in Bogota (most of them deported for crimes, some sent back over paper work, etc) and working in Call centres (the biggest one being Convergys). They told me that Convergys was taking advantage of the high amount of Colombians in Bogota who, although born in Colombia, they were raised in the USA and had the American accent and were better at the tech support roles than call centre agents in the more traditional call centre hot spots like India and the Philippines. I also ran into a couple of mexican call centre managers in Bogota who were opening a call centre in Bogota and told me how the labour costs were lower there than Mexico.

http://www.convergys.com/company/careers/colombia/

Out of curiosity, I asked the guys if they thought that I could get job there and they said it wouldn't be a problem, they're hiring criminals who've spent years in federal pens stateside, so why not me. Apparently they're quite flexible with the hours, although the pay is low as you can imagine (~$500 USD net/month on 40 hours/week), the only reason I would ever consider doing this is to get an easy work visa and be able to stay in Colombia long term and as most of you know, call centres are around 80% women, I could put up with getting bitched at by Americans who don't know how to turn on their computers so long as I was surrounded by hundreds of Colombian women all day. Potential lifestyle hack there guys.

Messages In This Thread