rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Today's Workout Thread

Today's Workout Thread

Quote: (04-10-2013 01:57 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

Any advice on dumbbell deadlift/squats? I'm looking to do these when I'm using our apartment gym and can't make it to the actual gym. Have up to 70 lbs dumbbells and I just started working out again.

Straight leg dumbbell deadlifts?

Squats: dumbbells on shoulders or to the side?

I love stiff legged/Romanian deadlifts with dumbells, the stretch/contraction is amazing.

For squats with dumbbells try cleaning them into the front squat position - some guys like to hold them palms out, others, palms in: it depends on your bio mechanics and where your wrists feel most comfortable. Remember with dumbbell squats you're always going to be limited by how much you can clean, or how much you can hold in the farmer's-walk position if you're holding them to the side.

Personally, I found holding them to the side was cumbersome. Really, a barbell would work much better - always. But as you explained when there's no access to a rack/barbells you can still get good work in.

Messages In This Thread