rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How To Clean Your Teeth w Dr. Robert Cassar

How To Clean Your Teeth w Dr. Robert Cassar

I'll vouch for rinsing the mouth with salt water. I have sensitive teeth (even drinking a sip of pepsi will screw up my dentyne and give me tooth pain for a few months after) and the best thing to protect and treat dentyne erosion is salt water rinses after brushing. No other products work, and I tried a whole lot of them. I also benefit from going to a regular toothcleaning from an oral hygienist (dentists don't know what they're doing when it comes to cleaning my teeth, whereas oral hygienists always clean my teeth extremely well).

As for hydrogen peroxide, it messed my teeth up and gave me horrible tooth pain. Alcohol rinsing always eventually starts giving me bad breath (probably some weird bacterial overgrowth syndrome that develops when I kill off enough of the good bugs through alcohol rinsing, and then the bad bugs start to take over). Tried applying baking soda to my teeth but the scraping seems to make my teeth more sensitive.

I don't get the deal against fluoride toothpaste. The stuff is proven to reduce cavities. It works by disrupting bacterial scaffolding in the mouth - it makes the buggers homeless, letting your immune system come in and clean them out. Sure, if you swallow a couple of tubes of the stuff it will probably make you sick like crazy, but no one's asking you to actually eat the stuff.

I do floss, but I'm still not sure if it really benefits. There's no scientific evidence (that I was able to find) that flossing does anything.

And in this modern age, probably the best advice to take care of teeth is this:
Don't eat or drink anything with refined sugar in it.

Tooth cavities only became a large scale problem in the west once sugar became available.

Messages In This Thread