rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RIP Margaret Thatcher

RIP Margaret Thatcher

Her legacy was mixed in many ways. I won't argue that. Indeed - I still feel it is to early to fully judge her legacy.

Nevertheless - the country seemed to be better off in 1990 - than when she took power in 1979. And she deserves praise for helping to end the Cold War. And she deserves credit for her gradual realisation of what the future for Britain in the EU would be. Indeed - it was because of this that she got reformed from office by the pro-EU elements in her party.

Still - she was a hell of a politician. They just don't make them like this anymore. And it shows as well - that sometimes a woman can be the most alpha person in the room.

Here are my two favourite Thatcher moments:

Regardless of how mixed her legacy was. It does annoy me when all the left wingers attack her for destroying the country. They never seem to notice that the Labour party - despite spending 13 years in power - never reversed a single one of her major reforms.

Messages In This Thread