rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you feel left out?

Do you feel left out?

Quote: (01-26-2011 06:39 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I'm learning to avoid glamorizing the life of others. Forge your own path in life that works for you.

I learned this a long time ago. Don't measure your success against the success of others. I used to see guys w/ big houses, nice cars, ect., and used to think how the fuck they got that far that quick. Then you find out their slinging dope, milking off family money, or ate the fuck up in debt. Most of them do it to impress others, effectively making a facade. Eventually the house of cards they most meticulously built will inevitably fall.

I have no bills other than cell phone and insurance. It's nice to be free of financial or patriarchal burdens. And yes, some of my friends are happily married with minimal stress. They served their country, traveled, lived the lifestyle, became financially stable, then found a wife worth a fuck. One friends wife banks $100K. I used to feel left out, but my path is what is it. I don't judge others and expect the same.

Messages In This Thread