rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Bitch Hunt" 1996 vs. bitch hunt 2011?

"Bitch Hunt" 1996 vs. bitch hunt 2011?

Spinaroonie: First of all, I doubt that roughly 24 or 25 is the average age (the mean, as statisticians say) of RooshV Forum users; nor would I think that that's the age of highest concentration (the mode); nor would I think that mid twenties is the age range of the majority--i.e., more than 50%--of users. I suspect that the mean and the mode (and the median as well, for that matter) are 30 years old or higher, and that the ages of users are widely distributed enough so that no small age range could in and of itself account for more than 50% of the total.

Second, regardless of which central age range, narrow or wide, might be found to encompass more than 50% of the users, it seems to me that you're committing the common--and vicious--fallacy of acting as if "most" is synonymous with "everybody", and, as a corollary, that "a minority" is synonymous with "nobody". I don't care if most users of this forum weren't at least 21 and hanging around in bars in 1996: all I need is a few to comment on my post. (And similarly, I don't care that most users of this forum aren't familiar with the D.C.-area bar scene then or now: again, all I need is a few to comment on my post.)

Third, I wouldn't necessarily call late 1996 the "Dark Ages" of pickup: I'd say "early Renaissance" might be more like it. Let's not forget that in October 1996, when this article appeared, Internet mania had been going full throttle for over a year and a half, and the seminal Ross Jeffries-based alt.seduction.fast newsgroup had been up and running for a couple of years.

Messages In This Thread