rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is being gay the new black???

Is being gay the new black???

Quote: (03-27-2013 10:54 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (03-27-2013 10:13 PM)iWin Wrote:  

On one hand it is a bit ironic that Blacks have an almost vitriolic hate for the gay rights movements since it is so analogous to what they went through during the civil rights movement. On the other hand, it isn't so surprising since the church and conservatism are staples in the community as a whole.

I wouldn't say black Americans have a hateful vitriol towards gays. Jamaican blacks on the other hand is another story.

Blacks are more homophobic than whites on average, but I think that's a merely a function of black culture being more machismo than white culture.

You're probably right, and vitriol maybe too strong a word. However, there is still a latent hate for homosexuality amongst a good majority of the black community. Going beyond male machismo, 75% of Black women still voted to uphold a ban on gay marriage in Cali in 2008. I guess another factor would be that many Blacks don't feel sympathy since many gays hid their sexual orientation as long as it was socially, economically and politically beneficial to do so. After all if you're Black you cant exactly conceal your race in a closet when it's convenient to do so.

Messages In This Thread