rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The whole Gay thing...

The whole Gay thing...

Quote: (03-27-2013 10:22 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I like the approach that they take in SE Asia, there's gays and trannies everywhere but they aren't harassed, they're actually well integrated into the society but as far as I know, especially in the Philippines, they aren't lobbying for the right to marry or adopt.

That's exactly how I feel. Society is fine with them. In Thailand they even have pageants. Homophobia isn't much of an issue there. And even though there's no gay marriage, the gays there seem happy, nobody is bothering them and most importantly, they aren't radicalized like our gays in the West.

My guess is that because we had such terrible treatment of gays in the past, it forced them to politicize their homosexuality and to become arrogant and vindictive. Maybe they are trying to make up for the Stonewall riots and all that happened before them. In SE Asia, there may not have been that long history of anti-gay sentiment so homosexuality was seen as more of a way of life, not a political cause celebre. Plus, I noticed in Thailand, things like male-to-male affectionate touch even between straight men is not frowned upon nor seen as sexual. Maybe they just have a healthier way of dealing with things than we ever did. Look at this:

Messages In This Thread