rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Top Ten, Highly Recommendable Cities For Personal Development

Top Ten, Highly Recommendable Cities For Personal Development

Hi Guys,

I've been reading through a lot of the threads that discuss the best cities to live in / visit. There is a lot of good material there.

I also noticed that there is quite a lot of variety in terms of what members of RVF consider ideal. Probably 30+ cities that could arguably be consider preferable destinations, judging by the comments I've read.

So here is a question on a slightly different tact. What nominations would you contribute to a top ten list of recommended cities for young guys?

These recommendations would be for guys who are at a personal development stage of their lives and are not looking to settle down. Rather, they'd like to live somewhere long enough to develop language skills, build a social life outside of backpacking hostels and actually delve into the local culture on a deeper level.

I think that the following criteria would be best used to consider nominations for this top ten (top twenty?) list:

*Somewhere that you can learn a second language, as this is an impressive feat that always impresses at dinner parties and makes yu a much more interesting person.
*Somewhere that the average Western male would be able to afford to live for six-months to a year. Ideally a place where visas can be found easily enough to last a guy for at least half a year.
*A place where there are plenty of cultural opportunities, somewhere vibrant with a rich sense of history.
*Enough of a nightlife scene to have fun.
*It might be good for it to be a place where quality clothing can be procured. Nothing like setting yourself up with a half-dozen tailored suits for $100 each at 23 years of age. You'll get some fashion mileage out of that that your peers just won't be able to compete with.

Post your suggestions for more criteria and recommended destinations.
I'm really looking forward to your thoughts and input.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread