rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Wifeing a Foreign Woman A Good Idea?

Is Wifeing a Foreign Woman A Good Idea?

Quote: (11-12-2010 01:17 PM)Urban Renaissance Man Wrote:  

Quote: (11-12-2010 01:08 PM)metalhaze Wrote:  

the guys I know who married foreigners, they married "fresh of the boat" or 1st generation immigrants. I know a guy who just got engaged to a hot 23y old russian who immigrated to North America a couple of years ago with her family. in other words, go meet them at the airport when they come in ! at least you know she aint getting married to you to get a greencard.

Now, I happen to agree with that. SInce we already live in multi-national country, especially those of us that reside near Frisco, New York, LA, etc. As long as you have a decent job and decent looks wouldn't it be possible simply to hook up with or even marry an immigrant that's already here? Yes, I know they'll be exposed to other Americans, but most american guys will be a little intimidated going to the parts of town that these new arrivals will most likely live in, so competition might not be as fierce as some would think.

The one time I almost pulled the trigger on getting married was in this exact situation.

My girlfriend had moved to the USA from Bulgaria as a teenager, and I met her in her early 20s. I spent a significant amount of time with her and her family, even traveled back to Bulgaria with her on vacation, and I knew she would have made an excellent wife and mother to our children. I almost did it, but I ultimately decided that the wife/kids lifestyle wasn't for me. I broke her heart, and I feel terrible about it, but I know she's better off with some other guy, and I'll be better off as a permanent bachelor.

Messages In This Thread