rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just got headhunted for McKinsey - Advice needed

Just got headhunted for McKinsey - Advice needed

Quote: (03-23-2013 03:56 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

[/i]I respect your advice and decisions so i wanted to run this by you before i make any hasty decisions.

Just popping in here in typical pompous, condescending, contemptuous fashion. WestCoast offers perspective from his experience with a professional job. You don't want to burn bridges. Other posters (YoungMobileGlobal) are speculating without relevant first-hand experience.

Obviously it depends what you want to do.

Quote: (03-20-2013 10:20 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

The status and money having made partner is certainly appealing but as a red piller I don't hold that in the same regard if there is no opportunity to convert this into poon.

Abstract status is overrated. I haven't seen you specifically comment on the skills and contacts you want to make.

There are different tracks. Obviously most people don't make partner. For one thing, you need to take charge of a money-making line of business, and that opportunity is not always available in your assignment. So many management consultants take jobs with clients. They are on-site most of the time anyway, and that arrangement secures the relationship and gives both sides a good financial deal.

Messages In This Thread