rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

21 Ways Rich People Think Differently Than Average People
1 Ways Rich People Think Differently Than Average People
This right here sums up why some guys will just NEVER get it.

The original list the OP posted is so close to true its not funny. Its is simplicity in mindset that the average guy just does not get. Instead, he reverts into the safety of his shell as he hates on everything he will never have the confidence/intelligence/balls to achieve. Its a defense mechanism as much as it is a case of frustration.

Quote: (03-21-2013 11:40 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Semantics, sure. "Affluent" then. Yeah, I see what you're saying when it comes to entrepreneurs, and I somewhat agree.

I do feel like I'm talking past people though. Take Coca Cola. Imagine you were the founder, and you became a Bill Gates sized billionaire... by getting the country addicted to a drink that makes them fat and rots their teeth. Should I respect you and look up to you? Fuck no. Or what about if you were one of those chicks who wrote The Rules? Should I respect you then? Hey, if you managed to halve the price of grass fed beef without compromising on its quality, I *would* have tremendous respect. Money in and of itself is not my measure.

Rotten teeth in exchange for hundreds of thousands of direct and indirect jobs. I wonder how many people have been educated, fed and clothed as a result of the entire industry that sprung up around Coca Cola. I wonder how many civil servants have had their salaries paid for by tax paying employees of Coca Cola, and Cokes taxes itself. I wonder how much infrastructure has indirectly come from Coca Cola's activities.

See this is the thing. You hate on a company like Coke for its minute bad, while you completely ignore the positive benefits they brought. You do this because YOU TAKE FOR GRANTED the positive impact trade has on an entire system, failing to see past the basic transaction that you did not benefit from.

Its a selfish, simple minded perspective that has zero understanding of industry and trade.

That you cannot think of this for yourself and you need someone to explain this to you is why you cannot relate to people who do create and build something. Its probably why you will end up working till you die, either for someone else or as a consultant/one man business of some sort exchanging time for money.

Not trying to be nasty, just calling it as I see it.

If you want to go through all 21 points, Ill be happy to do so. That goes for anyone in this thread. IE this example:

Quote:Vitirol Wrote:

However, the original article is still a shit laden fluff piece. "Be willing to take risks so you can be rich." Yeah... no shit. Sell me a $39.95 making money package through a 1-800 number that tells me the same bullshit.

People think taking a risk is taking out second mortgage and throwing it into the establishment of a business. Or building something on the side while they enjoy the comforts of a stable salary. This is shit you can come back from. This is not risk, its having a punt.

Real risk is not financial, its personal. It encompasses everything. Its putting your entire network on the line. Going so deep into something that you risk credit ratings, personal health, relationships as you fall of the radar. Chasing something with no certainty of reward at all. While everyone else is buying homes, having families, going on holiday or enjoying their weekends off, you are working without any certainty of success at all. You whole life comes to a standstill and you could lose 2-3 years of your life for nothing. Some guys go over a decade.

That is risk. 99% of the people you come across will not have the balls to take risks like this.

I have no doubt someone is going scream about the wealthy bankers who generate their wealth risking other peoples money, and you would be right. But those guys are being given a TINY PROPORTION of the money the real wealthy motherfuckers have to play with. The people who really do well are building something or creating something. And if you are one of these guys who constantly resorts to calling all bankers easy money deadbeats, then you need to ask yourself why the hell you are not an easy money deadbeat yourself if its all so simple. Those guys tend to be the best in their trades and they are a highly skilled minority.

And it is a simple thing. Its a simple statement that holds so much truth, yet like so much of that article, is so misunderstood because people have no idea of how to actually relate to it at all.

I dunno, maybe each point is worth a thread of its own.

Messages In This Thread