rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just got headhunted for McKinsey - Advice needed

Just got headhunted for McKinsey - Advice needed

Quote: (03-20-2013 11:14 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (03-20-2013 10:43 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

You are only giving us one part of the equation.

What is the alternative?

Making 80k in a real cushy job (40h/week) currently which would likely be at 100k at 40. 6 weeks of paid vacation. I have some additional sources of income but nothing that really adds a significant percentage.

Both of the scenarios J r pose appeal to me, might add that I desire an heir at some point.

YMG gave a possibility that is amazingly simple yet might be the best option.

Get the offer first. Now you are in demand, shop that offer at your current firm and say you want to get promoted. If they like you you get a better paying job already where you are established and you also earn more trust with your firm because they now like you and TRUST you more.

Dumbasses in high finance think going to GS or MS or McKinsey or Bain is always the right move. Bad move. Work game.

You manipulate the office

That strategy I laid out is if you are the best worker in the office.

Example: during bonus season in finance or consulting do you "act safe and proper". No. You walk around dressed to the 9's like you're interviewing. You show careless mistakes the last month. As if you're "quitting on them". Now they are so concerned you're going to quit, whoops you got paid the most.

If you are the best worker in the office no high finance/consulting firm will ever let you leave. That's how you get promoted earlier and faster.

End of the day though, it's honestly up to you but why go through a scenario analysis with no papers in hand. Recruiters are cunts btw, if you are getting head hunted for McKinsey you are vastly over paid. Recruiters only care about their fees.

Messages In This Thread