rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Horse slaughterhouse to open in U.S.

Horse slaughterhouse to open in U.S.

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2013/03/12/hors...en-in-u-s/

I was talking with Chris Cosentino a while back at his restaurant in SF, Incanto (good restaurant, not great). At some point we were shooting the shit about future trends and he called this one; horse meat. While deeply disturbing to some Americans, horsemeat is very common in other parts of the world.

From what I've heard about the taste, I'm not opposed to using it if it's from a reputable source (pasture raised, grassfed, plenty of space, etc). It's like anything else; I would never buy IPB pork from what they do to those goddamn pigs. It's horrifying, and pigs are smart as hell, smarter than dogs.

It's interesting to me, the morality that humans project on animals they will and won't eat. We laugh at Indians for not eating cows, just like much of the world would laugh at us for not eating horse.

I will admit I've got my own animal preferences. I look at horses and they definitely symbolize freedom, power, beauty. Something sad about corralling them in a slaughterhouse and turning them into burger meat.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Messages In This Thread