rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Miami Heat (coach banging cheerleader)

Miami Heat (coach banging cheerleader)

Quote: (03-12-2013 05:46 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Quote: (03-12-2013 04:34 PM)TheSlayer Wrote:  

Quote: (03-12-2013 03:44 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Spo started as a video coordinator and worked his way up. I have MAD respect for what he's done. I know everyone points to the talent and says "anyone should be able to win" with it. Throughout the history of the league, there have been teams loaded with talent that didn't get it done, so coaching in the NBA matters. Also, the Heat had 3 great starters in that first year together, but little else. It's almost impossible to win without some depth and solid complementary players. Spo did a solid job in getting them to the Finals in 2011, but lost to a more complete team.

Agree with you on the part that what he did from a video coordinator to head coach is pretty remarkable. Obviously, the guy isn't a moron.

Disagree on the point that he did a solid job in getting them to the finals in 2011. They got to the finals relying on the individual brilliance of LBJ and DWade. Both of them took apart Boston and Chicago one-on-one. Then he ran into Carlisle and his zone. Miami obviously did not have zone busters at the time but Spo had no gameplan either to bust the zone. After LBJ started disappearing in the finals, Miami's game plan was to have Wade go 1-on-1 or 1-on-2 in the last 3 games (after Dallas literally started leaving LBJ open).

Even last year he got outcoached by Doc Rivers in the conference finals until LeBron had a fuck you game 6. The first time he outcoached the opposing team's coach was in the finals when he made Miami play "small". After Bosh came back he started Battier at the 4 and Bosh at the 5 full-time.

He's getting better and he does deserve props for managing the egos for the big 3 but I don't think he had much to do with them getting to the finals in 2011.

I agree. How hard should it be to win the championship when you have dwayne wade, lbj, and chris bosh? Then they picked up ray allen? Garbage. But at the same time, I'm not saying he's a bad coach, I'm just saying he was dealt a fortunate hand and that had he not had LBJ, they probably wouldn't have beat the Thunder.

Absolutely. You give any coach LeBron or even Durant and that coach is going to end with at least 50+ wins. He's getting better but he's still an average coach, though I think he's a little better than Scott Brooks. In 2011, they had almost no 3 point shooting and no bench. This year they have a more complete team.

Messages In This Thread