rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

America is NOT the best country in the world.

America is NOT the best country in the world.

I found that video so annoying the first time I saw it I don't even want to watch it again.

The reason everyone thinks it's so "honest" is because of the deliberately "dishonest" presentation: Jeff Daniel's apparent anger, cowed reactions of the crowd, the scripted softball question from the "sorority girl", the meaningless platitudes from the rest of the panel: all conspire to maximize the apparent authenticity of the rant.

There's only about 25 seconds of actual argument, roughly 1:10 to 1:35, and if you pay close attention the actual argument isn't what he says it is. He says "there's no evidence America is the greatest country," but what he's actually doing is citing evidence for the argument that America is not the greatest country. It's a subtle difference that's easy to miss, because it would be admitting that girl's presumption is at least possibly valid. The rest of the video is reminiscing with rose-colored glasses, which he gets away with because the writers don't script in anyone to challenge him.

Messages In This Thread