rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting bigger without protein powder?

Getting bigger without protein powder?

OK Enigma I would reply better but I am short on time and might make a blog post about it since I've been lazy as shit.

Two examples that thwart the overtraining model are bulgarian weightlifters (honestly almost all soviet weightlifters were demanded to treat lifting like a full time job) and manual labor jobs like dock workers and masons.

I'll use Vasily Alekseyev as an example for a soviet lifter. His contemporaries would usually throw around about 20 tons of volume per workout (if I'm not mistaken they would work out five to seven days a week), while Vasily would put up 40 tons on a regular basis, because he was insane and believed more strongly in how he understood his body's reaction to stress than to Soviet weightlifting protocols, and that pushed him to heights that nobody previously had.

Jamie Lewis on chaosandpain goes into enormous depth relating the Eastern concept of staleness to what we think of as overtraining (this is worth a google) and why having the concept of overtraining exist is one of the biggest pitfalls of all newbie lifters, who if they didn't know any better would make bigger gains. There's nothing I could write that he hasn't already done better. People's underappreciation for the capacity of people to adjust to a high workout volume and overappreciation for how much work they do in the gym are at fault here. I'm going to go rub one out and go lifting.

/////
If you trained for marathons while squatting 5 hours a day you'd die tired and never break a plate on the squat. Those two are like contradictory goals.

Messages In This Thread