rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Oscars Thread

The Oscars Thread

Quote: (02-25-2013 02:49 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Feminists trying to pretend there is mass outrage over Seth McFarlane's "sexist" jokes last night: http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/not-just-...52960.html

Literally just pasting the twitter messages of random ass people [Image: lol.gif]

I love their hamsterism

Song about boobs = RAPE!

I like this response:
"OMG, I'm so tired of hearing about Seth's jokes. If you're gonna hire him, then put up with his antics. He didn't stray away from his normal routine by any means. If domestic violence jokes offend you, then criticize Rihanna for always performing songs that talk about how she likes it rough or wants a rude boy. Hence why she got back together with that wife beater."

Look at this hamster article of butthurt, I was surprised that it was written by a man, his writing is akin to teenage girls trying to be intellectuals on Facebook
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment...rs/273460/
Quote:Quote:

From there, the jokes just got more and more... well, what's the word? Calling them offensive gives them too much power, which isn't to say that black people shouldn't have felt uncomfortable about MacFarlane pretending to mix up Denzel Washington and Eddie Murphy, or that half the population needn't have squirmed when MacFarlane called Zero Dark Thirty's plotline an example of "a woman's innate ability to never ever let anything go." What the jokes were, really, was stupid, boring, and empty: humor that relied less on its own patently sexist, racist, homophobic, etc. content than on admiration for or disgust with the host's willingness to deliver it. So much of comedy is about the shock of recognition, of seeing some previously unacknowledged truth suddenly acknowledged, but the only recognition MacFarlane offered was that some people say dumb things about other peoples' gender/racial/sexual identities. Which, of course, should not be shocking at all.

[Image: 34fa2e875fbfa3cd5563d4ac85d2fa86]
[Image: author-headshot.jpg?m9l4rf]

Messages In This Thread