rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Britain descends further down the toilet...Literally

Britain descends further down the toilet...Literally

Yeah - the transexuals will be running the gay rights agenda over the next 20 years. To be honest - most of us could live with the idea that our son might one day tell us they are gay. But would you be fine with your son telling you he wants to be a woman?

I am pretty liberal and don't give a shit what anyone else gets up to. Including the people closest to me. They can chop their dicks off and inject heroin into their eyeballs for all I care. If that is what they sincerely want to do then it is fine with me. I believe in total freedom when it comes to your own body.

The transexual debate is a curious one. Being transgendered is currently classed as a mental illness. But will soon be reclassified as normal. That is interesting since being gay was once classed as a mental illness and is now considered normal.

Personally I don't give a fuck about how people define their sexualities.

I am more concerned with the millions of people fooling themselves into thinking depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain which can be fixed by drugs. It is not. And there is zero evidence to support it. Personally - I think that is fucked up since alot of weak minded and suggestible people are falling into self-fulfilling traps where they are sad. And then convince themselves they are depressed. Which means they will never not be sad again. And spend the rest of their lives ingesting drugs whose long-term impact is unknown. It is an example of circular thinking similar to that seen in religion, love, repressed memories, hypnosis and conjuring.

I have similar concern for the medicalisation of normal behaviour in children (iusually boys).

Like I said before. People can do what they want - but it is a shame that there is much misinformation out there. Which is put out for the benefit of the drug companies and not the people it supposed to help.

On the issue to do with kids - there is a brilliant rant here from Tom Cruise which is just fantastic. The guy is a fucking legend. And I don't give a fuck about what his religion is. His religion is no crazier than any of the others. Since there is zero evidence for any of them.

As for the issue of depression and drugs. These two articles are the best overview of the issue I have seen:

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives...tion=false

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives...sychiatry/

Messages In This Thread