rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Boca and South Beach trip report

Boca and South Beach trip report

Quote: (02-17-2013 03:58 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (02-16-2013 06:01 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I recently returned from an eleven-day trip to Miami and other than my posts on Macaluso's, I have not yet provided a trip report, so here goes.

I have been to Miami during all times of the year. The experience which I had during this most recent trip made it clear to me that Miami is far better from December to March and quite possibly at its best in January and February. Until I move there, I really have no inclination to go unless it is January or February.

Great sheet.

Have you ever been from Oct - Dec?

Those months in South Beach are sick. Art Basel is mindboggling. And some great charity events during that time of year. Some of the best I have ever been in my life.

Quote:Quote:

There is supposedly a Miami Beach ordinance which prohibits the Catalina from changing or removing the sign which says "Dorset." It is some kind of art deco preservation ordinance.

That is exactly what that is.

The one girl I approached happened to be a former Miss Universe contestent and I ended up spending much of the rest of my trip with her (Please no pics or it didn't happen stuff.

I believe it. There is nothing that surprises me in South Beach. I have some stories I would dare never share on here or the internet, because everyone would doubt me anyways. Let them doubt, while you go for a swim in 76 degree water and ask the topless girl two towels over for light for your smoke at 2pm on a Tuesday.

The lack of beach approaches was mostly due to the large number of girls and almost total lack of competition at the rooftop bar and pool at the hotel.

Day Game? Or Evening Game? Or What?

Tourists or Locals?

I went to Nikki Beach on two consecutive Sundays and have a rather interesting take on the present state of that place. I know The G Manifesto is not the biggest fan of Nikki Beach as it presently exists. The first of the two times I went there on this trip was on a holiday weekend. I actually went there on the same holiday weekend the previous year. It was the only time prior to this trip when I had ever been there. The first time I went there during this trip, the place was unreal. I have to say that it may very well have been the best venue I have ever seen in the United States. Tons of talent and very few bitch shields. I approached about ten girls, all of whom gave me their numbers.

Damn. Which holiday?

Who would have ever thought?

What time of day or night was this?

I went back to Nikki Beach the next Sunday. Bear in mind that the next Sunday was not a holiday weekend. It was really awful. Little to no talent and the place was pretty dead.

Now that sounds like Nikki Beach.

In my opinion, Bongo's has gone to hell in a handbasket.

Thanks for the update. That place always seemed like it might be a huge airball (or a huge swish), but on the strength of your reco, I might have given it a shot.

The W Hotel bar was a total bust during this trip. I took a tour through there several times. There was really good volume, but the talent was really awful. Interestingly, I have had success there in August and September, always with Southern California girls.

Real hit or miss.

The Dutch in The W has converted for me heavy, but it was a night where there was an art event at Bass, and some people rolled across the street.

Interestingly, I have had success there in August and September, always with Southern California girls.

Doesn't surprise me.

Southern California girls are idiots when it comes to Miami. They always think the best time to go is summer. So stupid.

I also took a tour through the Delano pool bar. The place was packed with white people in their 40's and 50's who were probably from Middle America. At least 70% of the people in the place were guys. The people would not move when they were in my way and may have even intentionally tried to get into my way in order to piss me off. I thought I was in the twilight zone or something and quickly got out of there. The place has a nice set-up, however, and looks like it could have potential.

Real hit or miss.

Tuesday night, after dinner, before the club is the best time to go.

Until I move there, I really have no inclination to go unless it is January or February.

When are you moving there?

----

Now some "give back" (so to speak):

Have you been to SLS Hotel? Dope on Fridays and Sat.

Have you been to Wynwood, Midtown and Design?

I am starting to stab into (so to speak) those hoods.

Some real fly spots and fly girls, without the hassle of South Beach. Even less hassle than Brickell.

I have been rolling with girls there mostly, so I haven't tried to swoop there yet, but I can see it is kind of a goldmine.

I have been to Miami multiple times in October, November, and December. I have been there at least twice for Halloween, although I was not there for the most recent Halloween. Halloween is good in Miami, although I much prefer January and February. What always plagued me in Miami prior to this trip was constantly rainy and sometimes cold (in the winter) weather. During this trip, the weather was sunny and clear pretty much every day I was there. I was there for the same days last year and it was cold and/or rainy almost every single day.

The pool/rooftop bar at the Catalina closes at 10:00 P.M. at the very latest. If there aren't many people there, it sometimes closes at 8:00 P.M. or earlier. It is therefore only suitable for daygame. It was 100% tourists at the Catalina. There was a decent mixture of American girls and international girls. Remember, college students from places like Argentina and Chile are on summer break around the months of January, February, and March and sometimes like to visit Miami during their break. Many of the American girls are what I think you call "red state dorks." Let's just say they didn't exactly airlift a few hundred girls from Southern California and the Jersey Shore to meet me there. There were some good ones, but I had to sift through a lot of grenades.

The holiday weekend when I went to Nikki Beach was whatever holiday fell on Monday, January 21, 2013. I don't know the name and I apoligize for my ignorance. Since tomorrow (Monday, February 18, 2013) is some kind of holiday, Nikki Beach may be at least decent tonight.

I hope to move to Miami within the next two years, although I'm 100% sure the move won't be made in the next year and a half. Five years ago, I had the worst financial situation of probably anyone on this forum. I've been working almost around the clock since then and am now completely out of debt. No student loans, no mortage, no credit cards, no car payments, no alimony, no child support. I am now concentrating on building wealth. As soon as I put together a good bankroll, I will move there. I believe heading to Miami without a solid bankroll and hoping to strike oil would be incredibly foolish.

I've never been to SLS, Wynwood, Design, or Midtown, but I will try to check them out in the future.

Messages In This Thread