rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Would it be possible for me to scam dual citizenship from South Korea?

Would it be possible for me to scam dual citizenship from South Korea?

Quote: (02-17-2013 07:39 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

The main issue is that it is illegal for an American to be a dual citizen, according to the the American government. The Koreans don't seem to mind that much, apparently they even have dual citizenship categories you can apply for.

I don't know if the Koreans will attempt to notify the Americans of your application though, they are close military allies after all.

Really, brah? Better do your research before spreading misinformation.

Quote:Quote:

A U.S. citizen may acquire foreign citizenship by marriage, or a person naturalized as a U.S. citizen may not lose the citizenship of the country of birth.U.S. law does not mention dual nationality or require a person to choose one citizenship or another. Also, a person who is automatically granted another citizenship does not risk losing U.S. citizenship. In order to lose U.S. citizenship, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign citizenship voluntarily, by free choice, and with the intention to give up U.S. citizenship.

Intent can be shown by the person's statements or conduct.
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw..._1753.html

In practice, even if you apply for another citizenship you'll still not lose your US citizenship, as it has to be proven beyond doubt that in doing so you intend to renounce your US citizenship, and you can always say you didn't know. If memory serves there have been cases where the Supreme court have arbitrated on this.

Roosh as an example has both Turkey and US citizenship.

Oh and Samseau, I heard second handed stories of children of South Korean immigrants being immediately required to serve in the South Korean army if they stay in South Korea for long, as they consider them citizens by birth even though they hadn't set foot in the country and don't speak the language. I'd do my research well and not play around with it if I were you.

For people interested, there's http://www.richw.org/dualcit/

Messages In This Thread