rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Growing up in a single mother household

Growing up in a single mother household

Quote: (02-08-2013 05:48 AM)houston Wrote:  

Most the guys I know who are the farthest thing from being players and "alphas" were raised by both parents. I don't know why some people on here act like you're gonna be some bad ass if your dad is always around and some square bitch if it's just your mom. Everyone just has different personality's and branches out in their own way.

Not sure it's a matter of being a badass if your dad is around. It's a matter of being secure, particularly with the masculine energy. Having the presence of a strong man in your life as a child will help ingrain those traits that will lead to someone having more natural leader (alpha) qualities.

Just like you, I fell into drugs and the wrong crowd at an early age. This led me to a life of violence and crime that lasted almost 15 years. I could elaborate further on why, but 2pac already did, ironically in the song dear mama. "They say I’m wrong and I’m heartless/But all along I was looking for a father, he was gone. I hung around with the thugs, and even though they sold drugs, they showed a young brother love.”

The problem is with a cultural system that almost encourages single motherhood. A woman cannot raise a man. But they don't know that, after all, they may be your mom, but they're still women.

Messages In This Thread