rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

China vs. Brazil showdown

China vs. Brazil showdown

The part in bold couldn't be further from the truth my friend. Brasil has very high skilled and highly educated management in house, that is Brasilians. Even brasilians that go to the US/Canada/Europe for graduate studies decide not to stay in the West but rather return to their homeland as they will be basically able to write their own salary and have a lifestyle that will be 3 to 5 times that of in the West. As to working LEGALLY for a brasilian company, good luck my friend. The only way you could work legally in Brasil is if you work in the US or Korea for a multinational with branches in Brasil and they send you there. Unless you have brasilian citizenship/residency, you will not be able to get a work permit in Brasil because in Brasil, when a company wants to hire a foreigner, they have to prove to the ministry of labour that there is no brasilian able to fullfill that role and that ain't going to happen, unless we're talking a bout a world class expert in a very technical field.

However, the good news is that the energy/environment field is HUGE in Brasil as they just found the biggest reserves of oil in the world off their coasts. So your best bet to work on your field is to get a position in the US or Korea (I assume you can legally work in Korea being American-Korean) then have your company ship you to their branch in Brasil.

As to learning Portuguese and speaking it fluently in 6-8 months, yes it's possible if you surround yourself with Brasilians and do not speak English with them. If you're seriously thinking of relocating to Brasil, then I'd suggest you start asap taking Brasilian Portuguese (keep that in mind, not Continental Portuguese as the 2 are TOTALLY different) lessons. You could either take a course at a local college or get the Pimsleur Brazilian Portuguese course (you could either buy the 3 level series which go for about $1K or you could download them for free on the torrent sites [Image: wink.gif] ).
However, a far more efficient way and by far my favorite way to learn any language as that's how I learned Italian and Portuguese to fluency level is by getting a girl from there teach you privately if you know what I mean...[Image: wink.gif]

Good luck man, and choosing Brasil is a very wise choice since IMO Brasil has the whole package: extremely fun location, awesome people, IMO the BEST women on the planet as in having the complete package: fun, sexy, feminine, smart, well behaved and beautiful; breathe-taking scenery and beaches out of this world, endless opportunities business wise, amazing futebol, lots of fun activities to do there (ju-jitsu, capoeira, and any kind of sports you'd want to do, you can in Brasil save the winter ones; drinks and juices to die for. IMO, Brasil will be a top 5 super power by 2020. China may have 5 times the population of Brasil and a fascinating history, but IMO, they will never have the fascination and cultural appeal that Brasil does have worldwide ( as a tiny example of that, just mention that you're from Brasil while abroad and watch girls getting wet instantly and guys giving you high 5s as per my experience). If Brasil plays their cards right, I would even go as far as saying that they could dethrone the US as the world's biggest cultural superpowers. But as our friend Hydro would end, this is only my personal opinion and may or may not turn out this way. [Image: wink.gif]

Btw, when are you thinking of making it to Brasil?

P.S. How's the return in the US after being so long in Asia? Like in terms of things being way more expensive, and quality/attitude of girls in NYC vs Asia? Are you having a smooth transition or is it a real challenge? I for one, would definitely believe that my return to NA would be quite challenging after being so spoilt here in BKK/LOS.

Quote: (12-22-2010 03:13 PM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Mrs. Chocolate, my background is in environment/energy and business/strategy/management. I'm aware that Brazil is sort of lacking in terms of skilled management, which they are generally importing from abroad. Do you know a lot of gringoes who are working in well paid, white collars jobs that do not speak Portuguese?

Messages In This Thread