rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Super Bowl Ad

Best Super Bowl Ad

Cynical about this one. As an American, I was a bit appalled by the way these images were used. The country has a huge obesity problem, related to a huge food supply problem. Americans would not know real food, from real farms if it hit them in their huge ass.

My grandparents were hard-working farmers, Norwegian immigrants, and they sure as hell did not have a big pickup truck. And more importantly, me buying one is not going to make their values any more alive.

I agree that they point to the heart of what makes America exceptional. It also portrayed men who weren't hen pecked, had a backbone and seemed to understand what they were doing.

But it was about as authentic as the Minnesota rastafarian.

All American men have left is cars as a means of escape, and pretending that they have any autonomy or even any respect. Marketeers know it is their only escape from the matriarchy. The whole superbowl ad schtik (outside the car das) is about selling junk food to make us fat and sick, dumb CBS TV shows to make us stupid, images affirming women are strong and in charge and men are schmucks.

Athlone McGinnis... love your writing on Return of Kings.

Go Packers.

"Equality may perhaps be a right, but no power on earth can ever turn it into a fact."

"Want him to be more of a man? Try being more of a woman!"

"It is easier to be a lover than a husband, for the same reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day, than to say bright things from time to time."

Balzac, Physiology of Marriage

Messages In This Thread