rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Making a big bet on one investment

Making a big bet on one investment

Quote: (12-17-2010 12:07 PM)kimleebj Wrote:  

But I'll just say this. The Roosh philosophy values values travel and lifestyle more than conformist material comforts. This appeals to a young and poor demographic. Realistically, these readers have, maybe, $10K to invest.

kimleebj comes in with the stiff jab!

How long have you been on here? Do you personally know anyone on these forums?

Your analysis is irrelevant to a large contingent of regular posters here. Not everyone, but enough to make the generalization false. The demographic has a wide range, and quick seemingly assured judgments, likely based on very little forum time, aren't always smart or correct judgments.

Also, what are you doing on a forum with young poor guys?

There should be a similar forum that better suits your own demographic better, and the interests that go along with that wealth and experience (yachts, ascots, luxury autos, divorce lawyers, hookers, beating taxes, the tea party, whatever the latest litigation du jour is, buying a larger McMansion, how your town doesn't need ANOTHER TGI Fridays - but its really not that bad because the secretaries get sloppy there on Fridays and make easy targets, securities strategies, overpriced status symbol liquor, how your kids are unique snowflakes, how much to donate to get your snowflakes into that private school [because you aren't alumnus and you kids aren't academically exceptional], how to hire the cheapest Mexican labor for that new Kitchen your control freak wife won't let up on? I don't know, you tell me). Us younger guys (I think the average age is somewhere in the 30's for the regulars) are fine with our interests and values that have been fleshed out over the course of our short misguided lives.

Although, maybe you should start a thread and show us the light. Seriously, I would welcome it if for nothing but to read the philosophy of a more experienced and wealthy individual. Let me know what I've been missing. What have my large lifelong circle of over-privileged and over educated friends been hiding from me? More importantly, maybe you can educate the guys on here with a LOT of money that their interests are misguided, and only for the poor and the young. There are a lot of guys with money here, several who earn it via the internet and can travel the world banging the most exotic women on the planet while banking 30-40k per year. Some more, and some less. Unlike someone who has to trade their time for money, that income is likely never going away. They likely wouldn't trade their lives with yours, if given the chance, no matter how much you make here. I can't say that for sure, but its a hunch. There are at least a couple of regulars here, and I suspect more based on specific posts, that make $200k from conventional work. They seem to agree with the values of the forum just fine. But maybe you are just more enlightened than them, or perhaps you think $200k/yr is poor.

Messages In This Thread