rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bill Maher's Red Pill Wisdom

Bill Maher's Red Pill Wisdom

Quote: (01-31-2013 03:06 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (01-30-2013 11:43 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

I'd say a lot of guys in the manosphere are libertarians, but I wouldn't call them traditional conservatives. The traditional conservatives are not on our side just like the liberals aren't on our side either.

I say fuck both the conservatives and liberals. They both are blue pill. One is full of white knights (conservatives) and the other is full of manboobs (liberals).

False. Mainstream conservatives are not authentic conservatives, they're more like yesterday's liberals. I never tried to classify manosphere writers according to their politics, but Dalrock and Roissy seem like traditionalist conservatives more than anything else. Plenty of posters are confused more than anything else.

What modern political philosophy endorses patriarchy? None except traditional conservatism. Many of the more mature manosphere writers enjoy the bounty of sex they're having now, but deep down they are not all that convinced that they are better off than a more traditional arrangement; even more so for the rest of society. Trouble is, that traditional arrangement is hard to come by nowadays. Even if a few men succeed at it, the small number of appropriate women ensure it's a niche strategy.

Humans are disposed towards patriarchy, in most circumstances, so it's not something that needs to be forced on the people - a libertarian form of government, at least at the national level, could easily yield a patriarchal society, as it has in the past. Our current society is propping up feminism at every level - feminized schooling, Title IX, antidiscrimination laws, gynocentric marriage laws, misandric media, etc.

You are right that mainstream conservatives don't truly believe in patriarchy, but when most people say "traditional conservative" they generally mean guys like Bill O'Reilly, Mike Huckabee, Sean Hannity, etc... What these types don't realize is how deeply femenism has infected all of our instititutions, as you say. It is so deep that these mainstream conservatives don't even realize that what they spout is actually a form of feminism.

Moreover, Roissy would not be well liked by mainstream conservatives. All mainstream conservatives are blue pill. They place all of the blame for the failings of the sexual marketplace on men. As Dalrock once said (I am paraphrasing): "They expect men to just 'man up' and marry these sassy, brassy careerist women."

Messages In This Thread