rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

SWPL Obervations at the NYC Marathon.

SWPL Obervations at the NYC Marathon.

Hey Mr. K,
Your post above reminded of something I was gonna ask about, and that's if you sustained any injuries while training, or after the marathon. I joined a running group, and they are good people (bonus: a couple cute girls, too), but they tend to run on concrete surfaces. Now when I said I do trail running in the park, I forgot to say that these are woodsy, dirt trails, often muddy. This soft-surface running doesn't cause any soreness in my legs, but I do get a little sore from the running on hard surfaces. So I was wondering how your legs held up, especially if you were running 15+ miles on concrete. Also wondering, of course, how your legs were after the marathon itself. Judging from your post above, it sounds like it wasn't totally smooth sailing all the way.

The running group I've recently joined is pretty "recreational." I think I will stick with them, especially since there is some social circle game opportunity there. The other group (which I haven't joined yet) is doing timed runs at the track, and has more competitive folks-- like the people Rocco81 was describing. By the way, they are doing what I meant by "intervals" before -- i.e., timed sprints of, say, 400 or 800 meters, interspersed with rest intervals of 1-2 minutes. Similar to "fartlek" workouts you mentioned. I think of "fartlek" as off-track stuff, like running hard up hills, then going easy downhill to recover, etc.

To clarify, SWPL, or swipple, is Stuff White People Like? Is this correct? I have noticed that triathlons are very white. But I do recall reading about how Puff Daddy (or P. Diddy) ran the NYC Marathon a few years ago. I believe he had a pretty impressive performance, with a shorter training period than most people have.

Messages In This Thread