rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Black America: A look into all of our futures

Black America: A look into all of our futures

Quote: (01-06-2013 01:19 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I hate to do this but I am going to have to call you out on this. The line about companies wanting to hire educated black men is complete utter B.S. From my experience I believe that to NOT be the case, companies generally hire people that are like them. I know this first hand and actually read this last week in one of the business magazines, this is the "first" thing they look for.
Secondly, they have done studies whereby they have sent out identical resumes with the same qualifications. One resume is clearly from a white person and the other from a black person, now WE all know who got more calls for interviews.
Now I am not some young fresh out of college guy who believes Obama will save the day and this is a new America (Canada in my case). I have been there, actually worked in Canada and Europe. I am in my 40's and still study because I see/know too many guys who are casualties of this job market.
In my latest gig, I have seen little "Jimmy" get a sweet job fresh out of college because Uncle was one of the managers. This at the expense of more senior candidates that were actually doing the same job. My personal favourite is the guy that calls his mate, says he is tired of his current job and would like to work for our company. A month later he is a manager at our company which is hilarious considering the hiring process consists of 6 interviews.
I also know a cute young white girl without college education who lands a decent job with minimum work experience.
Trust me I have more examples but hopefully you get the drift. I am not whining I am stating the reality not the dream that every young, educated, intelligent black male will always walk into a corporate job.

As for Sharpton and Jackson, I won't touch those puppetts for now.

Well, you're welcome to call me out on this, but my experience consulting with dozens of companies, large and small, tells me that educated, competent black males with requisite skills can get jobs.

Of course, small family businesses or closely held businesses are going to hire "their own." And others are right that networking is important and that blacks do not have the extensive networks like whites.

That being said, give me a black male with a 3.2-3.5 in a STEM discipline and who interviews well and has good writing skills, and I could recommend about a half a dozen companies who would seriously consider hiring him.

Messages In This Thread