rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Infidelity

Infidelity

Quote: (12-06-2010 07:07 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

2. Splitting the communal property. Everything acquired during the marriage is a communal property (with few exceptions), unless there were special agreements in place. It matters for billionaires who marry trophy wives, but I don't see how it could matter for average Joe. My wife works as much as me, and while she makes less than me, she works more at home and with kids, so half of what we made is definitely hers.

Off the top of my head, I can think of one type of average Joe who often get raped anally with no lube by Family Court Judges during divorce proceedings. Those unlucky bastards are guys who are lucky enough to still have defined benefit Pension plans. Military, Civil service and private Union workers still get a pension based on time on the job. Those pensions are considered communal property. Thus, the old lady gets a piece of your pension equal to how many years the marriage lasted. I know a correction officer whose wife gets 50% of his 50K a year pension for life and that amount doesn't include the $$$ he has to fork over for child support.

Let's also not forget after 10 years of marriage, she's entitled to half your social security check as well.

Messages In This Thread