rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just arrived in Koh Samui and very dissapointed

Just arrived in Koh Samui and very dissapointed

Quote: (01-05-2013 03:45 AM)Hooligan Harry Wrote:  

Koh Samui is excellent. Great beaches, great food with wide variety, decent nightlife for a small place, its not crawling with hookers, its cheap as shit, the hotels are excellent and there are a ton of things to do outside drinking and women. Its a small resort town and its one of the better ones I have been to anywhere.

Not to knit pick too much, but for one I didn't think the beaches in Samui were that nice, at least not the easily accessible beaches at Chaweng and Lamai, they were crowded, lot's of trash, pollution, murky water, etc. Koh Phangan and Tao have much nicer beaches, as do other islands in Thailand.

If you go around new years during the "high season" that shit ain't cheap. I was paying $65 a night for a decent, but not great hotel off agoda in Chaweng. Before that I was staying in a "nice" hotel (still nothing special) in Lamai and that was running me about $100 a night. Plus taxis are fucking jacked as hell in Samui and if you want to eat anything other than Thai food expect to pay.

Also I don't know which Samui you went to, but the one I saw did have a shit ton of hookers there.

Messages In This Thread