rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Black America: A look into all of our futures

Black America: A look into all of our futures

America will become like Black America??? The worst parts of Black America???

Call me crazy but I think that sounds pretty ignorant. In order for the rest of us to become like the worst parts of Black America we would all have to be moved to another continent and enslaved for a couple hundred years, be cut off from education, jobs, real estate, and wealth building for a couple hundred years, and then be returned to mainstream society will no education, capital, family structure, or collective culture/momentum.

Then we would all have to go prison at higher rates then other cultures and be exposed to drugs and violence at higher rates then other cultures.

And, all of us would probably have to lose a bit of hope and view ourselves as inferior.

If that happens, we might become like the worst parts of Black America.

It's really an "apples and oranges" type of situation. A bad analogy.

It took White-Americans, Latino-Americans, and Asian-Americans hundreds or thousands of years to get to the point that they are at now. And, now all these cultures are going to be reduced to the level of "ghetto" Blacks???

Sounds like a bit of a stretch to me.

Quote: (01-04-2013 09:35 AM)tenderman100 Wrote:  

Today, in 2012, it has never been a better time for an African American male to get an education and decide to enter mainstream economic life.

I agree. There has never been a better time to be a Black man. When would you rather be born? 100 years ago? 1000 years ago?

-----

Okay, now let me pick on some White guys..

Quote: (01-03-2013 10:42 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Here's a good case in point: During times of slavery, black family values were strong!

How can you have family values if you are a slave? Slaves didn't have any rights or power to keep their families together..?

If the slave owner wants to break up the slave family, what can the slave do to keep his family together? Nothing, he is a slave!

I'm curious why you think black slaves had good family values? Is there any historical mention of this?

How would you even know this? Did you read this somewhere? Got any sources?

Quote: (01-04-2013 01:49 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Thus how could the blacks be victims of a lighter form of racism if the consequences of said racism are actually worse than they were under the harsher forms of racism?

Ockham's razor says racism cannot be an issue here.

Im not a smart as you guys but I'm trying to follow this..

So, because blacks supposedly had good family values during slavery(which I doubt), racism in more modern times could not be a factor in the current wealth gap between blacks and whites??

Am I reading that right??

Probably not, please clarify your point here..

It sounds like you are saying that racism was not a factor in the destruction of the black american family unit and the current wealth gap between blacks and whites???

Messages In This Thread