rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Re-adjustment to US Life

Re-adjustment to US Life

Quote: (11-29-2010 06:39 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

I doubt locals are like that. At least in Thailand they understand it really well those expat guys are not coming there to live the average Thai life. I bet in Philippines you won't see their children scavenging garbage dumps either. It is rather getting more bang from your back.

It boils down to international economics which is the premise of lifestyle design products marketed here in western countries. However, it is a one way street, an option reserved only for the few.

There is wisdom in knowing how good you got it.

Personally, i am happy for the direct investments put in by ex-pats as it recirculates to the local economy -- and will genuinely help anyone thinking of this. Even whore-mongering in Angeles city puts food in the table and gives some kid a fair chance.

And for the record, the smokey mountain is the pits of the pits, not average at all, but very captivating and makes good CNN coverage on topics of international poverty.

Messages In This Thread