rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Switching paths.

Switching paths.

Quote: (11-29-2010 01:47 AM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Quote: (11-28-2010 10:57 PM)phoenix abroad Wrote:  

If you join the military you are giving up a significant amount of your freedom. You give up much of the control of your life to them. The military can certainly develop character and I thoroughly respect people in the armed forces - but giving up that amount of freedom is simply unacceptable to me personally.

Not to mention some serious shit can happen to you. Like being paralyzed for the rest of your life. I bet those guys would give up everything they've got for the ability to walk again.

The four I spent in the Corps was the best four of my life. I got a free ride to SOCAL and starting gaining flags there. This was after a grueling 1500 class hour advanced electronic school. Later I was stationed in Okinawa and floated to about 10 countries from there. I probably had a dozen flags by the time I was 22. My annual salary is close to $200K. Simply put it was the smartest decision career wise. Yeah there are risks, but don't let anyone that hasn't walked this path convince you otherwise. OCS will give you a massive headstart in leadership. I work almost exclusively with prior service and a former Marine officer will stand head and shoulders above other branches. Infantry officers are the most prestigeous but I recommend staying in a technical field. It'll further your jump back into civilian life.

Semper Fi.

Messages In This Thread