rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Switching paths.

Switching paths.

If you join the military you are giving up a significant amount of your freedom. You give up much of the control of your life to them. The military can certainly develop character and I thoroughly respect people in the armed forces - but giving up that amount of freedom is simply unacceptable to me personally.

You really don't think you can develop your character and skills on your own?

I say you spend the time in Nicaragua and that will give you a much clearer view of what your next step is. After I spent 2 weeks in the Philippines for a service trip I immediately had a much clearer picture of what to do with my life.

Also you definitely need to read this great article on finding passion in your line of work.

Quote:Quote:

Most people believe that passions exist a priori of any serious engagement with a pursuit; they’re some mysterious Platonic form waiting for you to discover. This is a dangerous fiction.

My alternative definition claims instead that passion is the feeling generated by mastery. It doesn’t exist outside of serious hard work.

Learn how I created a successful 4HWW Muse Online Business and travel around the world.

Messages In This Thread