rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

$6000 Tour of The Americas- Every City you could ever want to hit..

00 Tour of The Americas- Every City you could ever want to hit..

Are there 6 ppl going? The only way I'd see that working is with 6 ppl going, one of whom own the plane and knows how to fly. Is he fronting the plane/expereince and the others financing it? Do you fly?

Basically you're probably looking at $200-$250/hr, to travel at 167 mph. (http://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N8060M). I can't picture that price including a pilot, so what's the pilot's qualifications? Or is it just your buddy? Does he have his commericail Mulit-IFR? Flying across the jungles of Brazil isn't exactly the same as getting up for a Sunday afternoon. What the Maintenance history of the plane? It has all its checks and shots? Flying is serious business too, you don't want to be rolling out of bed after a bender having to fly. Surely that would put a damper on your partying?

Have you flown in small planes before? Commercial airlines travelling at 700mph between huge airports have given people the impression that distances are a lot smaller than they are. I met a guy who flew across Canada in a Cessna 170 (cruise 100kts, range maybe 500nm) and it took him a week vs 8 hours on a 737. Basically you're range, weather, airports that you'll be allowed to land at, and fuel availability will all dictate where and when you fly.

I got my VFR Private pilot's lisence when I was 17('01), got up a couple times after with friends, then didn't do it for 5 years, went up once in '06 to keep my license current, then let it lapse. It's great to get up for an afternoon, it's fun, the view is great, but beyond the novelty factoy, there isn't much of a practical factor. It's expensive ($150/hr to rent a 170), relitively spekaing it's slow, then you also need to worry about transport to/from the airport. A lot of these tiny airports wont have in-terminal Hertzs I'm sure.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm not saying its impractical, I'm just saying there is probably a lot more to this that you have thought about. If you could do any city you wanted between south US and Brazil, for only 6k, all expenses in, then yes that isn't a horrible deal, espeically with the freedom and pussy pullying factor your own plane would afford you. But I don't know if that is a relaistic price.

Messages In This Thread