rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The painter

The painter

I had this idea ages ago and forgot about it until just now when reading the "money tight" thread.

Sometimes you need a pretext to get a girl to your place on the first or second date - something that slides under her radar so that she's not agreeing to go back and bang, she's agreeing to go to your place for a benign reason and ends up banging you because "it just happened".

Offering to make dinner for her can work but is sometimes still too thinly veiled and she'll see through it. You can improve it by going on about how you learned to make a kickass whatever and get her salivating to try it before dropping the invite, but even so.

One strategy I used to use ages ago: I used to have a large collection of DVDs (that were given to me) and when the topic of movies came up there was often one in my collection that she hadn't seen. "I haven't opened it yet and I've been meaning to see it. You should come over next time and watch it with me." Sounds lame-ish but worked surprisingly well.

Now that that collection is old, I don't have a good pretext anymore so I'm going to set this one up at some point soon.

The Painter: On your first meet, or first date out (whatever), you tell her you're an artist and act a bit existential. Chicks like artists of all kinds. Get her wanting to check out your paintings, amp up the interest and she may even suggest it before you get around to dropping the invite yourself.

The setup: Go to a cheap art supply shop and buy $30 worth of canvases and paints and start slapping any ol' shit together. Be completely off the wall with impressionistic stuff and she'll read whatever she wants into it. You can paint worse than a 5-yr-old, doesn't matter once she's at your crib anyway.

Cheap setup cost, doesn't take too long, and might work as a better hook than many other things. Don't even need to learn a skill like you would with a musical instrument.

Messages In This Thread