rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is a college degree really worth it?

Is a college degree really worth it?

Quote:Quote:

location independence is a great idea. but very difficult to apply without base capital. and when I say that I refer to its very difficult to do without already having capital made from traditional work. How many guys who have joined this forum have gone from working a 9-5 to truly location independent. I can think of maybe 1 or 2 people despite a vast amount trying to do online marketing and various forms of internet business. I still think the best way to create long term money and be location independent is through hard work and sacrifice and building a successful small professional business. But thats me.

I agree with hard work and sacrifice but unfortunately the rest is just not true. First off, you don't need a lot of capital to start a small business. All you really need is a computer, internet and 50 bucks a month for domain and hosting. Second, the people that failed online business is NOT because of low capital but of lazy and a lack of discipline.

Choosing a career for money is silly yes. But as a dentist a lot of these guys are pulling 500+k a year after several years of experience. A few years of that and you can be location independent and living on dividends / investments while sipping pina coladas in your destination of choice if you continue to live conservatively and cut expenses to a college student like level.

Life waits for no one and death could come to you at any time. Consider yourself lucky to be alive and in good health. A lot of people does not have the luck, some get sick with life threatening illness, some get hit by a car by crossing the street and ends up on the wheelchair. I'm saying, a lot can happen between now till you save up enough money waiting for something that's not promised, so you could live happily ever after.

The reality is 90+% of people are going to be unhappy with there work. Do you think the majority of trades men like there work. Nope. Majority of business men nope. Majority of actors hell probably not. Majority of football players, hell probably not them either. Its work. Thankfully I enjoy learning and I view my career as something which provides me with many intellectual pursuits as well as financial freedom. I can't ask for more than that. I enjoy it.

Not sure where you're going with this. Just because 90% of people are not happy with their career does not mean you have to live like them. 90% of people are also blue pill.

Messages In This Thread