rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is a college degree really worth it?

Is a college degree really worth it?

But all careers that pay very well are going to be extremely challenging to be rewarded in. Its no different than becoming the VP of multinational. Its a big pyramid that you have to climb where people fall off at each level. Personally, it worked out for me so I'm not one to complain. Law isn't oversaturated at all in Canada. But its drastically more difficult to receive acceptance here than in the US. Average GPA at the weakest schools usually are in the 3.7 range. Average LSAT being in the 160+ range. Theres not really a lot of margin for error like in the US. Also a lot less graduates. Investment banking admittedly is a different story. I'd say thats far more difficult to gain access to in Canada than the US upon b-school graduation. Also, has far lower starting compensation packages.

The reality is if you wan't to make really good money by really good money I'll say 200k+ because thats about top 1 percentile and rooshers should be striving to be the best in all aspects, you need a sought after degree and / or a successful business.

A lot of people for example Samseau in this case says well would you rather 40k capital or a 40k college degree. 40k in capital? Thats great but what are you going to do with it at 18. You can work and make money but I know for one thing I certainly wouldn't have been capable of starting or creating a remotely successful business at that age. I'd have lost it all in less than a year for sure.

Messages In This Thread