rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Perpetually living abroad

Perpetually living abroad

Hey,

So I just graduated college in May, and am now living in Bogotá, Colombia.

I recently got a CELTA certification, which allows you to teach English pretty much anywhere in the world.

I'm currently working at a random English school, but will be applying to the company which did the course, as they also teach classes.

Here's where it gets good: as an employee of this company, every year when your contract is up for renewal, you get the choice of staying where you are or putting down your top 3 choices for transferring to international locations. The list is here: http://www.ihworld.com/schooldirectory/index.asp

Pretty much everywhere in the world, usually only in the principal cities, but some variety for instance in Mexico, Ukraine. If you're European, even better, cause Americans can't find legal work too easily in the EU. But hell, plenty of great destinations outside the EU.

The mix of steady employment and a known income with the ability to change your country of residence every year is pretty much golden to me. I don't know how many people would be ready to 100% abandon their home country, but to me the experience of living in a place, as opposed to just visiting it, is a great one, and I can see myself doing this for many years.

Just an idea for those young guys looking for a way to make international travel a reality.

Messages In This Thread