rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Infidelity

Infidelity

American society seems to have an almost witch-hunt like attitude toward infidelity. I mean many people truly care about the sex and marriage lives of their politicians like it matters vis-a-vis their ability to perform their job. Clinton was impeached over a blow job he got on the side. I don't think that would've happened anywhere else in the world. I'm not saying cheating on your wife is okay, but I think in much the world, even many other Western countries, cheating is seen as something undesirable, but not unforgivable, esp if the man does a good job of taking care of his family. In Africa, Latin America, Asia, men of power are pretty much expected to have a mistress. Nobody is surprised when they cheat, that's just what they do. Their wives don't like it, but the main purpose of marriage is to provide for your family. I don't think it's seen as the great flaw in character that it is in America where it can cost people their jobs. I'm not encouraging people to go out and do it, but it is interesting to compare sentiments from different cultures to better understand your own.

Like Savage says, if a man fucked 2 women on the side during the duration of a 40 year marriage while taking good care of his family, I'm inclined to say he was a pretty good husband. I think that's how most people feel around the world. But in America, it has a very all or nothing view of marital infidelity and if a guy were to stray once in a lifelong marriage, he is a scumbag that should be divorced and the wife should get most his assets. When the Tiger Woods thing happened, I posted on my facebook that it was ridiculous that this woman is being given half a billion dollars because Tiger cheated, and I had women saying he should be paying even more, as if she did something to earn hundreds of millions of dollars. I think the rest of the world is more sensible on this issue and Americans(women) are completely neurotic.

Messages In This Thread