rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obama supporters: now that your candidate has won

Obama supporters: now that your candidate has won

Quote: (11-14-2012 05:14 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Maybe it makes a difference that Croatia has alimony (alimentacija), but it's not alimony like "payments for the wife", it's just what you'd call "child support".

Still, given that child support is frequently inflated, i.e. child support has alimony rolled in to "preserve the former lifestyle", contains no mechanism to ensure that it is actually being spent on the child, and is generally a lot higher than 50% of the actual costs of raising a child, does it make a significant difference how those two are collected?

Yes, it is the same in Russia, what is called "alimony" is really child support. But here in the US alimony is a completely different thing from child support, with significantly less government enforcement.

This seem to be a typical manosphere whining. In fact most people I've met who complain about the child support being inflated didn't have any kids, and have no idea how much the things like daycare cost. Just wonder if your "small level of reasonable child support" includes such things as:

- An larger (extra room) apartment/house in a better school district (this could be HUGE);
- Daycare/afterschool if the parent works full time;
- Extra classes (swimming, soccer, whatever else);
- Extra health insurance + copays (could easily add up to $200 a month here in California);

Quote:Quote:

Forcing those guys to pay child support, while of course it should be done, will not solve or even slow down the problem. The problem is in the female motivation.

Yeah, I've heard that before, so what I gonna ask you is this: if you believe this is the problem, how do you realistically propose to fix it?

I mean just single women who raise children alone. These are divided into women who had children while married and then divorced, and those who had children out of wedlock in the first place (without a stable partner, see below).

So you were talking about single motherhood and not about children born out of wedlock. Those two things are not related to each other in any way, as single motherhood may (and often does) follow the children born in the marriage.

Obviously, it's growing very fast. I don't know if post-divorce single motherhood is growing at the same rate, but it's safe to assume that both are growing.

But now you posted the graph about the children born out of wedlock, which has no direct correlation with single motherhood.

If you mean kids being born out of wedlock to stable couples who stay together, no, of course that's not a problem. I don't care if they have the paper or not. But that's practically marriage, isn't it? And I don't think it's that common. Certainly it can't account for more than half (if that) of the increase in green lines in the graph above.

Well, it could be 90% of it. Or 1% of it, since you don't know it doesn't really matter as your opinion would be a pure speculation.

Haven't heard of it declining, but even if it were, would you really want to count that as some kind of achievement? It's still a massive number, and a part of the drop is just due to less people getting married in the first place, or people postponing marriage more and spending more time being divorced.

Well it was you who complained about "Continued growth in divorce rates" in the post above. Now you seem to be correcting yourself.

I think Dalrock explained it better than I did:

If you take Dalrock seriously, you gonna have significantly more problems like that.

Messages In This Thread