rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My hometown bans smoking! Durango, CO joins the California Nanny/Police State.

My hometown bans smoking! Durango, CO joins the California Nanny/Police State.

Quote: (11-06-2012 08:17 PM)BurnFirst Wrote:  

In California we can't smoke in bars and restaurants but sidewalks are fair game. That's just dumb.

They banned smoking in bars and restaurants inside here in Colorado as well. Patios could still smoke, and one bar in town, a real dive bar claimed "cigar bar" status and sued to be allowed in door smoking. They won, and I have to respect them. Now private property, including bar and restaurant patios, can still smoke outside (as can the cigar bar inside). That was the "community compromise." But all side walks, streets, parks - any outdoor public area - it is now illegal to smoke outdoors.

*Edit with an update from the future: It appears as if it is only enforced in parks, bus stops, etc. and the prior rule of not smoking within 10 or 15 feet of a door or window still applies, so you can still smoke outside a bar for example or on a sidewalk without repercussions.

Messages In This Thread